Saturday, March 19, 2011

Immigration Screening Numbers

Ed Schock came up with a number of 300 illegal aliens detected in Elgin and 20 deported.
Dave Kaptain came up with yet another number.

I guess we need to know the time frame here. I feel reasonably confident that 340 illegals were detected between March 1, 2008 and April 30, 2009.

Why? Because EPD provided me a list every month during that time period and I compiled it. The list had sufficient detail (Name, DOB, case#, FBI#, ICE response...) to lead me to believe it was legitimate. And Microsoft Excel adds reasonably well.

I can only guess that Ed's 300 was for the year 2010. That would be believable.
But even Schock's number changes. In October, 90% were not illegal. In March the number is now 95%.

Neither candidate had an answer about their response to the data. I can't get any more direct than to ask, "What ACTION did you take upon reviewing this data?"

In my mind, a responsible city council would have called the police chief into an open meeting and explain that the public safety is at stake, then develop a plan...sort of like the flurry of activity surrounding the green agenda.

They did nothing. Womack continued to dig in her heels and the mayor and city council refused to discuss the issue in council meetings.

1 comment: