Friday, February 6, 2009

Tag, you're it

The city inspectors have worked hard to determine properties that are unsafe and then they condemn them.

The houses get "tagged" as a way of notifying the owner, the tenants, and potential renters that the building needs work.


Well, here's the code enforcement tag on a Kimball Street property (gee, why aren't those rowhouses selling?) with some added artwork.

A gangbanger has "tagged" the tag!


Nice touch, but just another sign that things have gotten out of hand.
(Yes, I have altered the city markings at the bottom to protect the innocent.)

2 comments:

  1. I saw that too...there was another one I Summit and I called it in. They covered it with another sticker, which was ripped down. I called it in again. They took off the tagged sticker and put the new sticker inside of the door. It seems to be working for now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must mean the one almost to Grove on Summit...60 something. That one really frightened me. The last thing we need is for gang members to take up residence in empty houses.
    We all need to be vigilant and make the calls. Thanks, Jessica.

    ReplyDelete