Thursday, January 22, 2009

A thank you note

Last night while cleaning up after the forum, I found this "special message." The front was one of our AFLA business cards. The back...well.

I know the table I picked it up from. They must have had a laugh over that one, passing notes making fun of their hosts. The person who wrote this wasn't Hispanic and wasn't a child.

On the other hand, I had about a dozen people thank me for hosting the forum. Other AFLA officers reported the same. The candidates were all very gracious.

It's a great deal of work putting together an event like this. We've been planning it for a month. We do it for the grateful ones, the ones who understand the value of the election process and the dear price paid for liberty.

The rest? "Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it."-- George Bernard Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment