Friday, January 18, 2008

It's a small world...

(sorry to get a tune stuck in your head)
It’s a freaky thing, you know. I used to think this “six degrees of separation” theory was all bunk. I don’t even know my neighbors and you’re telling me that I have some sort of connection with everyone else on the planet through just six people.

But I’m a believer now. This lawyer, John Dalton, who wrote to the Courier and blasted AFLA as racists and unchristian and all sorts of other awful things (Dalton’s letter sounded like a verse from the song, “Alice’s Restaurant”), turns out to have the same address as Rich Jacobs.

So, who is Rich Jacobs? He runs the Elgin office of State Senator Michael Noland. And Mrs. Noland is the president of a Latino advocacy group here in Elgin. It is a small world indeed.

Of course, none of these people have any influence on one another. They are all independent thinkers. It just fascinates me how these coincidences all seem to come to roost over the issue of illegal aliens in Elgin and what to do about them.

1 comment:

  1. What a DOPE!!! "I dont' have an valid argument, so I'll resort to name calling".

    And yes, I see the irony in me calling him a dope, but I'm not the one making baseless claims of racisim, elitism, fear mongering, and many other "isms" that are too numerous to list.

    Maybe "ignorant" would be better?

    Then again, I calls 'em as I sees 'em...just like the rest of the rational people in this world who are open minded and concerned about immigration enforcement.

    ReplyDelete