Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Gratitude

If you’ve ever been involved in any volunteer group, be it PTA, church, Little League…whatever, you know that the work moves forward because of the effort of the same ten people.

I just want to thank these folks who beat the streets and made the calls.
Nancy
Lydia
Dave S.
Jan
Lynda
Pam
Sally
Ted
Clyde
Dave W.


Without the faithful few we would not have been able to put on a successful forum last night.

And I want to thank the American Legion for the use of the hall. As always, they were great to work with.

And a special note of gratitude to Chuck Keysor who loaned us the countdown timer. Chuck runs the Near West Neighbors Association so be sure to support his forum at 7:00 pm on April 2nd at the Lighthouse Church, 325 South Street.

I’m also grateful for the candidates, their willingness to run for office…their willingness to go through the “meat grinder” of campaigning, and the fact that they showed up last night. Just imagine going through a job interview with 150 people!

Mostly I’m grateful to all of you who attended last night. One of the first to arrive was a gentleman using one of those wheeled walkers to get around. I glanced at the thermometer as I left the house to set up for the forum and it was 22 degrees. That gent had every reason to stay home last night, but he didn’t. He came to be part of the political process of this great country.

I thank him and I thank YOU for attending.
~Doug

No comments:

Post a Comment