Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Bill Foster's response

A few weeks ago I stood in line at the Jewel to spend a few minutes with US Congressman Bill Foster. I blogged about the experience here:
http://elginlegalamericans.blogspot.com/2008/07/few-minutes-with-bill-foster.html

At the time I also invited Foster to respond to my assessment of his position. Well...a letter came in the mail from Foster. Here is the text of it in its entirety:

Dear Mr. Heaton:
Thank you very much for taking the time to attend Congress on Your Corner while I was in your neighborhood. I know you are busy, and I appreciate you taking time out of your day to speak with me.

As a Member of Congress one of my most important duties is to assist residents of the 14th Congressional District by answering any questions you may have about pending legislation or by helping with difficulties you may be experiencing with federal agencies.

My dedicated and professional staff is committed to providing you with a timely and effective response to your problems or concerns. We want to be your advocate in Illinois and in Washington, DC, and my top priority is to provide world-class constituent service to those living in the 14th Congressional District.

Thanf you again for visiting me while I was in your neighborhood. I value each conversation and appreciate your input. If you need to reach me or a member of my staff, please (630) 406-1114.

In addition, if you would like to stay updated on my activities please visit my website at http://foster.house.gov , and be sure to sign-up to receive my e-newsletter.

Thanks again.
Sincerely,
Bill Foster
MEMBER OF CONGRESS

(End of letter)

There you have it. Foster's response to the illegal alien crisis.

No comments:

Post a Comment